Municipal Committee Rajanpur

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
History

Rajanpur District is a district of Punjab province. According to the 1998 census of Pakistan it had a population of 1,103,618 of which 14.27% were urban. Rajanpur District derives its name from the town of Rajanpur which was founded by Makhdoom Sheikh Rajan Shah about 1770. Rajanpur District was carved out from Dera Ghazi Khan District in 1982. It consists of Jampur, Rajanpur and Rojhan subdivisions and de-excluded areas. It is one of the only two districts of Punjab located west of the Indus River. Location Rajanpur is the headquarters of Rajanpur District and Tehsil, is located in the extreme southwest part of Punjab with a geographical span of 12,319 km. The land is sandwiched by river Indus on one side, while the Sulaiman mountains range on the other. Rajanpur is situated on the right bank (west side) of River Indus. It is bounded on the north and west by Dera Ghazi Khan District, to the east by Muzaffargarh and Rahim Yar Khan districts, in the south lies Jacobabad District of Sindh Province. The Sulaiman Mountains rise to the west of the district having Dera Bugti and Barkhan of Balochistan Province. It comprises 12,318 square kilotmeters area. The total area of the Rajanpur Tehsil is 2,078 square kilotmeters with a total population of 395,953 as per District Census Report (DCR) 1998.


 

Home | Contact Us | Feedback | Links
 
2007 MC Rajan pur, Pakistan. All rights reserved.